True friendship is not about who you've known the longest. It's about who came and never left your side.
I saw this on a person's facebook status update and it spoke volumes to me. With having moved to different places a number of times since I was four, and having to start again and get to know new people over and over, I know what it's like to be the outsider, the one who doesn't have all the history with people, the one that still needs the background info on inside jokes. And yet, today I sit here knowing I'm never lacking for true friends -- not millions or even hundreds, by any means, but more like a cherished handful of trusted confidants with whom over time I've comfortably been able to share my life and my heart, regardless of whether I've known you months, years, or all my life. So for those of you who've come and stayed -- and I hope you know who you are -- I love you dearly. Thank you for never leaving my side, on opposite parts of the world though we may have been, and however long it has been since we last saw each other. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessing of your genuine friendship. You inspire me to endeavor to become the kind of friend you are to me. I love you! Wait, I said that already...
3 comments:
i love that quote... and i love you! when i read that email about ansley's birth the other day, it reminded me how quickly you went from being a sweet girl in la to one of the dearest friends in my life. time doesn't really matter in friendship at all. : )
we are so blessed to have you in our lives!! thanks for being a great friend, I love you.
anna,
you moving to st. louis is truly one of the best things that could've ever happened to ME!
i just love you so much! there are people i've known all my life that will never know me as well as you do, or be even near as great of a friend!
i thank God for our friendship and for making someone as amazing and truly ginuwine as you! love you friend! so so so much!!!!!
Post a Comment