Tuesday, July 15, 2008

all things new.

Today is a new day. I feel a familiar anticipation rising up inside of me that I don’t fully comprehend. It’s almost like recognizing a close friend that I haven’t seen in a really long time, a friend that I had no idea how much I missed, until she was unexpectedly right there standing before me, face to face. Not knowing where she had been all this time or why she'd been gone for so long couldn't take away from my being happy she's here now.

It is because of this stirring that I find myself expectant – for something specific, yes, but also for other things that I can’t quite put my finger on just yet. What I do know is the expectation’s undeniable Source – the One who has spoken time and again the exact words that I need to hear to make it through. This time His words: Behold, I make all things new.

I can’t seem to help but look forward to the freshness that accompanies a new beginning. At the same time, I’m coming to terms with how I have this hope in my core that so stubbornly refuses to go away regardless of how contradictory present circumstances appear. I’ve learned that while others may think differently, I believe in my heart of hearts that treasuring that hope within me is okay, that it doesn’t make me naïve, stupid or crazy. What it does allow is room for change to take place, for growth to occur and for miracles to happen. That same hope speaks to my heart and says that things don’t have to stay the same forever. It is a faithful reminder of His promise that they won’t.

The thought of someday looking back and rereading what I’ve just written makes me smile because as early as it may be, I can already tell what He’ll be whispering in my heart: a gentle I told you so.

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
Revelation 21:5 (NKJV)

1 comment:

Patricia said...

i can just see that day coming :)

and i will be right there to help you take out all the feet in your mouth, just like i did alnmost 2 years ago ;)

I love you!