I was more than ready for 2008 to end, for that chapter of my life to close. I was looking forward to embracing the newness being offered by the start of another year, without the heaviness that had accompanied most of my days. I went through an extended time of grieving for a loss that affected who I was and how I saw things. Hurt has a way of doing that, regardless of how hard I wished it didn't, or that at least it wouldn't last so long.
As difficult as it was, I knew I needed to let go and move on. Surrendering is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but one of the most liberating at the same time. I had to come to some painful realizations and accept them, because not doing so would have left me inhibited and guarded, with my heart eternally broken. And that's not where I wanted to stay. It was necessary for me to understand that no matter what I will never be the same because of what happened, and that having been changed by it is not necessarily a bad thing. How could it be, when it made me discover what I was really made of and Who I was anchored on? I refuse to let this past year forever define who I now am. I'm resolved to not allow it to set the course and direction of my future. It has already had more influence than I care to continue to tolerate.
I admit there are still times when I feel slight twinges from thoughts of things that will never be, but those same thoughts have since been surpassed by more pleasant and brighter possibilities. 2009 brought exactly the fresh beginning that I needed. It came with a new-found bearing when it came to my emotions and experiences. There is now an expectancy within me that I haven't had in a long time. For what, I don't know exactly, but the hope is there nonetheless. And while it may have been a long, drawn-out, even overlapping process to get here, I can confidently say that the healing has not only begun, it is well on its way.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
:) simply beautiful. i love you annabanana and im glad that you have found hope once again! :)
i love you friend.
this is going to be an amazing year for you! more than that an amazing life! so thankful God brought you here. sometimes, i've been selfish enough to think it was just for me:) but i know it's for so many other great reasons... im just glad your here!
i've been waiting for this post.
i can see a difference in you that i love, a vibrance of hope and restoration and excitement for what's next.
i wasn't kidding that THIS is your year- just wait and see. i know it's an odd year, but that's ok, God works in different ways than we expect sometimes.
it's funny that steph thinks God brought you here for her. we all know it was for me!!!
i liked this hope-bearing post & i missed this confident and expectant you.
2009 will be a promising year.
love you!
Anna I am so glad for you and I too believe that this will be a GREAT year for you. I am so glad to have you in my life, everyday!!!!
Anna,
I love this, I love you, and I am so excited for you.
I too, along with all the others really believe this is your year, and I am standing in faith by your side, to see God's glory come, I am praying and believing that God has instore for you just what you need, and it will come in His perfect timing. God is so good, and He never fail us.
I also am so glad that God has brought you here, never in my life have I met someone with such an unselfish giving heart, who is beautiful, with the best personality. I love who you are and your ability to see His goodness through it all.
My heart feels lighter after reading this. I love you Anna.
Post a Comment