birthdays with friends... loved the planning, the scheming, the surprises and especially all the thought and love that went into making each celebration completely “insert name of whoever’s birthday it was here”…
babies, babies and more babies!... four of my closest friends each had a baby this year, one of them even had twins! Needless to say, I embrace my title of “baby hog/stealer” quite proudly. After all, I am the favorite of all the babies (self-proclaimed though it may be and not without a few arguments from their moms!)…
time with my sister… we didn’t have to plan a whole day of activities to enjoy ourselves together because we were simply quite content talking away and catching up, whether it’s just hanging out on the couch or baking chocolate chip cookies or rooting for neither of the teams playing at a baseball game. Almost everyone said we looked like twins – we get that a lot!...
trip to New Zealand and Australia… definitely a lot more work than I thought it was going to be, but undoubtedly one of the best experiences of my life - great food and wonderful, inspiring people (especially in Adelaide!), and even more opportunities to learn…
LA reunion… this was the icing on the cake after having just spent three weeks overseas. There were late night turned into early morning talks over coffee plus encounters with raccoons and those who will simply be referred to as “people-who-should-be-kept-away-from-raccoons”. I got to spend time with three of my closest friends AND we were at the beach! It doesn’t get much better than that…
my buddies: miles, lila, ansers and roe… I would be remiss if they weren’t included in this list. I spent a lot of time with them this year, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I mean, I could easily take a few hours talking about each of them – our “deep” conversations during the Sunday drive to Pasta House or even just the priceless memories I’ll always associate with putting them to bed. These kiddos light up my life…
my birthday and Christmas… celebrated with good friends and family and lots of gifts! My first white Christmas! Phone calls from my parents in the Philippines and surprise packages from my sister made it all even better…
"working" for the church… I love what I do with all my heart so much so that I often don't consider it work, in the strictest sense of the word. I love the people I am with, and I enjoy doing my best to lead and to serve. Most of all, I love my Boss. I pray I make Him proud. I also hope that He looks at me and smiles. As for my other “bosses”, they are about as incredible as they come. I think I’ll keep them around...
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
2009 was really great! I love the highlights!! I pray for an even better 2010. And I am glad you got your first white Christmas.
I know that you make Him proud! I am sure that He smiles over you daily!!
Love you Anna
anna, you totally make Him smile! me too! here's to an awesome 2010!!!!
there has to be another LA TRIP for 2010. or maybe a St. Louis trip for me.
but wait...there are no beaches there though =/
i must say that a huge highlight of my 2009- and often my saving grace- was you. there is no doubt you make your real Boss smile, friend, and so many others along the way. but you're an extra special blessing to my family, and i can only hope you know and understand all the reasons why.
and patricia, get over it, at least we have SNOW!!!!!
Post a Comment