I deleted some posts today. The ones I needed to. And I'm working on forgetting they ever existed, mostly because I realized that they expressed such an unstable sense of self. It wasn't right to give insecurity that voice, especially when it so boldly took the focus off of the only One my eyes should be set on.
It' s been a lot of ups and downs, many tiring cycles of the same questions. But today I am motivated by a newly found determination to find my way back to where I was years ago when I knew exactly who I was and whose I was. When I was comfortable even with who I was not. When I knew Who held my heart in His. Regardless of what others said and did, even of what they thought. In spite also of the circumstances.
It may be a long way back. But, I remember her more clearly today, and I want to be that Anna again. The only way how is through Him and His love for me.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm glad you're headed back to find that girl.
i love the thought of "being comfortable even with who i am not"...
maybe you can teach others (like me) along the journey.
love you my friend.
while i was reading this.... i could hear two songs in my head:
who's that girl - by madonna
and
to the left..to the left ;) - beyonce
kidding aside:
i love you so much and im glad i get to do life with you even if you're miles away. thanks for being such a safe haven for me.
that "girl" that you are... is so loved and so treasured, not just by me but by so many others and by God. =]
Post a Comment