Christmas is coming quickly, and that all too familiar twinge is creeping within my heart. I am learning to better deal with it, but, often, when I'm away from the busyness and distraction offered by work and other activities, I can't help but feel a little sad. Sad that at the end of the day, I am alone.
I know that God is with me always. This isn't about that. It's just that the holidays can be a such a lonely time. It makes me even more grateful for God-given friends who have accepted me as family. Still, what I wouldn't give to just hug my mom or hold my dad's hand and wish them a Merry Christmas in person. I will hopefully get to see them soon when I get a chance to go back to our house where we spent the most time together. And expressing this tonight is simply my way of reminding myself to focus on that as one more reason to look forward to a future that is that much brighter.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am praying friend too that God provides a way for you to go home soon to spend some much needed time with your family. I can't fully express how amazed by you I am, that you can leave all that is familiar and go to such a far away, new place to follow God. I am not sure I could have ever done that all by my self. I hope that this year you feel less alone that the ones past. I love you!!
you will always be family to me. can't wait till you get to go home and hug and kiss your mom and dad friend!!! we are believing w/ you that it will happen very soon! love you!
Post a Comment