I need You to search me, O God, and know my heart...
You know me best. From you I can keep no secrets, even if I tried. And what is within me isn't always pure or motivated by love. I see self-centeredness and selfishness, and, while I am not proud of that, they are there, nonetheless.
So, I ask You today to have Your way in me. To do in me Your will. And even though I know it will take pruning, I know the fruit will be worth it. And though the refining by fire will be painful, I hope to come forth as gold.
Please test me and know my anxious thoughts, please know that I am not proud of having them, for they are less than glorifying to You. So many of those thoughts are of insecurity and uncertainty. Too many do not focus on You. Forgive me for entertaining them. In their place make Your peace and Your truth abound in me from now on.
So, I ask You today to have Your way in me. To do in me Your will. And even though I know it will take pruning, I know the fruit will be worth it. And though the refining by fire will be painful, I hope to come forth as gold.
Please test me and know my anxious thoughts, please know that I am not proud of having them, for they are less than glorifying to You. So many of those thoughts are of insecurity and uncertainty. Too many do not focus on You. Forgive me for entertaining them. In their place make Your peace and Your truth abound in me from now on.
See if there is any offensive way in me. If? No. I already know there are. My cry is that You would actually reveal to me how my ways have been offensive to You and to others. So that I can learn and then endeavor by Your grace to stop. Instead, let me love fully in all I do, say, think and feel.
I know that You are not going to leave me where I am. And while I often feel alone, I know that You are with me.
Help me, God. It's crucial that you lead me in the way everlasting.
So often I don't like what I see in me. It hurts others, especially those I love the most. My heart has always been just to serve You and love You, no matter what. Speak to me. Hold my heart. Lead me by the hand. I want to follow You always.
Amen.
2 comments:
amen. prayed this for me too!
Anna, I had to reread this and pray it for myself as well and I may often. I love your heart! You are always inspiring me to search deeper, love more completely, and seek Him more!
Post a Comment