Sunday, July 27, 2008

sisters, friends.

I've been very fortunate to have the best of both - a sister who'll always be one of my closest friends, and friends who may as well be my sisters.

I'm confident that if there was ever a best friends/sisters contest, mine would win against anyone else's. Hands down. No if's, and's or but's. They're that wonderful.

The best part about it is that they know exactly who they are. They listen. They care. They offer support without pronouncing judgements. They don't need to be convinced time and again that they are important -- I mean, they can't help but be, simply because of who and how they are.

They're selfless and secure. They are loving. They are wise. They are faithful. They are strong. They possess godly character traits in measures that I could only hope to have someday.

Each different, each special. Each making my life a lot more meaningful just by being in it and by so generously letting me be a part of theirs -- their joys and their heartaches, their fulfilled dreams and anticipated hopes. My life would be lackluster without them.

And there's an undeniable connection that's compelling and real, unexplainable at times, and yet it surpasses time and distance. So whether it's CRAMP, or The Core, Crocodile, Junee or my Ning, I know that even though we aren't always physically together, we are never, ever truly apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, I love it! I feel the exact same way!!!
Life is pretty good huh???

Patricia said...

syempre...we're the righteous ones ;)
none can compare baby!

check out my blog. there's a portion in there just for you to know how much you are missed. :)