I am currently one big ball of all sorts of emotion, with pms undoubtedly to blame. And while I was hoping that recognizing the effects of the hormones would help, the tears pretty much still keep coming. Right now I just wish I didn’t feel so vulnerable and affected by everything. The other day I actually kicked someone I know only casually and rarely ever see, simply because from my perspective he was 'hounding' me. And while he may have thought his antics were his way of being funny or "cool", it seriously got on my nerves.
I’m certainly not proud of myself for not knowing better. Needless to say, I’ve been taking things personally to a whole new level. Being overly introspective, not to mention childish beyond belief, is not how I want to be. I know I can’t help the way I feel, but I can decide what to do with those emotions. I just pray I choose well, and start taking even baby steps toward some sort of progress in getting a hold of myself and my feelings -- you know, like maybe not kick so hard the next time!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
we're all emotion balls sooner or later. at least you didn't spit at him!
emotions are a wonderful gift, as long as we don't allow them to control us. and, i'm speaking like an expert because of past history, as recent as this week too :)
hang in there, anna. let the tears come and hopefully next week will be a happier, brighter point of view.
love you.
Yeah, kicking is probably not the best thing. Maybe you could downgrade to pinching. I believe in you Anna! You can do it!
tori is right! spitting would have been much worse!
i know where your coming from, and the beauty of being emotional is that normally, it goes away quickly.. i have highs and lows as far as emotions go. there is probably no one in the world more dramatic than me at times... i pray the tears stop, and the laughter comes. i really really love you so much!!!
kick and pinch and spit!!!!
do it!! :)
I was reading this blog of yours with dan lowman and he turned to me and said, "Are you sure YOU didn't write this?"
You are not alone sister. :)
Post a Comment