Monday, October 25, 2010

The fact is I'm a work in progress, and that truth isn't always so easy to swallow. Not for me, or (undoubtedly!) for any of the people in my life who encounter my lopsided thoughts and skewed emotions, not all the time, but often enough.

There are so many things that I would change about myself and my life if I could, to "fix" in a sense, or at least improve on some level. But, I can't. Not on my own. What I really need is to see You bigger -- not me, or my short-comings, not even other people. You.

And when I'm not hearing what I think I want to hear from whom I think I'd like to hear it from, I need to hear Your voice that much clearer, that much louder. Because You will never be at a loss for words I need to hear. You know my heart, even the part of it that no matter how old I get, still seeks approval, appreciation and a little recognition. There is never a lack of that from You. In fact, there is an abundance of it. I find myself appeased if I just lean closer and actually take the time to listen for what You have to tell me.

I also need to experience You more deeply. Because You alone are most important. So I can follow you more faithfully, without fear of any kind. Unhindered. Content. Secure.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

"I also need to experience You more deeply. Because You alone are most important. So I can follow you more faithfully, without fear of any kind."

i need this too my friend. especially at this season of my life. thanks for writing my prayer for the night.

love you tita.