I've often felt like the waves were too high, too overwhelming and that drowning was inevitable. I’ve been weak and unable to muster up any courage or strength to fight. I’ve cried a torrent of tears, only to cry some more just a little bit later. In those times, there never seems to be any glimmer of possible victory to be able to anchor my hope on.
Yet in the midst of the overwhelming contradiction between the hopes of my heart and the circumstances surrounding me, today I'm reminded of a simple truth: nothing is impossible with God. In fact, He is God of the impossible, and there is nothing too hard for Him.
God knows what my future holds. And all of it is good. He is aware of every promise that He has made to me. And He never forgets. I believe I have a glorious promise land because He said so. And God is in the midst of getting me ready to walk in it.
God's greatest promises are almost always tied to impossibility. My life is no exception. The impossibilities I face and the promises I’m holding on to are inextricably linked, and I’m learning (very slowly!) to acknowledge that the impossibilities are not mere obstacles or limitations on the path to seeing promises and dreams fulfilled. Instead, I need to regard them as stepping stones, albeit painful and uncomfortable sometimes, to seeing those same dreams and promises gloriously come to pass. In doing so, I find my soul and spirit uplifted.
Only God is able to turn a seemingly impossible situation around. Only God can cause His answer to the promise to result in greater fruitfulness, more so than in anyone else who didn’t have bear that particular impossibility. I continue to believe that He will work in my behalf. I’m taking the cue from those in the Bible and from those in my proximity who faced their own impossibilities only to experience how it would be followed by the amazing fulfillment of God’s promises in their lives. It wasn’t easy for them, either. But I’m trusting that God knows my limits. He was the one who set them. And He must know the example that I would be for others to walk in hope, to minister deliverance and healing, so that God alone would be glorified as He deserves, as He allows me to overcome.
So I'm choosing to be in faith and to act in faith, believing and praying, knowing with full confidence that the fulfillment of the promise is on its way. I may not know how or when it’s ever going to happen. I probably won’t see “signs” to tell me it’s close. But I’m going to continue obeying Him and confessing his faithfulness. And, most of all, I’m going to get out of His way so He can work His miracles.
For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.
Luke 1:37 (Amplified)
3 comments:
Anna I needed to read this today. Thank you, you words are an answer to my heart right now. Nothing is impossible to God.
you have read my mail today. i'm sitting here almost in breakdown mode and i come to your blog. i'm convinced this is for me today. i haven't cried a good cry in months. this has broken that curse. it's so good to cry and be reassured of God's amazing goodness and faithfulness! God is so Good!!!
hi anna,
it's your friend, mary anne! oh my goodness! i didn't know that you had a blog until i saw it on pat's list. anyhow, how are you? we've missed you here. check out my blog so you can see what the clark's are up to and how big the boys are getting. lj is a blast and lucas is sooo huge. rosie just loves him and pretty much has him on sundays at church. that's lucas' second mama.
we love you and i often think of you and pray for you.
your family in california,
the clark's
leo, mary anne, lj, lucas
Post a Comment