Everyone who knows anything about me knows at the very least that I'm a crier. Tears come naturally to me. It seems that lately I've had an overabundance of them. I feel vulnerable, for sure. And while I can easily come up with a list of reasons -- straightforward ones at that-- why i've been so prone to crying, I can't seem to ever shake the feeling that i'm supposed to be digging deeper. That there's something more. I keep digging and digging, on and on, only to find myself with no more answers than when I started out. I often find myself asking even more questions as a result, and the cycle continues.
I wonder if the answers are staring me straight in the face, and I have my eyes closed. Maybe they're being blasted over loudspeakers, and I'm not listening.
What I do know is the One who has all the answers and is my ultimate Answer. My tears have always been a way He has communicated with me, how He has touched me, personally. Each drop has been His way of drawing me closer. Now I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. How valuable my tears are when considered from this vantage point. How precious they must be to Him. The fact that there are tears and that they keep coming assures me there's more to be discovered, more to be experienced, and that there's always more of Him to be had.
It should come as no surprise that I'm crying as I type this. As I do, I know He is with me. His presence is soothing, comforting, reassuring, and in the end, It is all that truly matters.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i am a crier as well. infact if i go too long w/out a good cry something is wrong...
i love that you are a crier too, and i love you!!!
Anna, this is so beautiful. I love seeing God through your eyes.
Anna,
I always hear that your a crier, because you tell me so, but i have never seen this. I mean other than the occasional cry at church, which I'm sure I've shared in that cry with you. I can honestly say that since you cry it comes from strength and not of weakness, which I see in you every time I'm with you.
I'm glad it's time to post again, I've missed you.
From one crier to another, thank you girlfriend...reminding me it's okay to be.
Post a Comment