I love this song…
I thought I did what’s right
I thought I had the answers
I thought I chose the surest road
But that road brought me here
So I put up a fight
And told You how to help me
Now just when I have given up
The truth is coming clear
You know better than I
You know the way
I’ve let go the need to know why
For You know better than I
If this has been a test
I cannot see the reason
But maybe knowing I don’t know
Is part of getting through
I try to do what’s best
And faith has made it easy
To see the best thing I can do
Is put my trust in You
For You know better than I
You know the way
I’ve let go the need to know why
For You know better than I
I saw one cloud and thought it was the sky
I saw a bird and thought that I could follow
But it was You who taught that bird to fly
If I let You reach me, will you teach me
For You know better than I
You know the way
I’ve let go the need to know why
I’ll take what answers you supply
You know better than I
In spite of the fact that lately I’ve been feeling as if I may as well have been the inspiration for it, the song is actually from the animated movie Joseph King of Dreams. The song has a way of continually ministering to me, especially since I’ve noticed myself saying ‘I don’t get it’ and ‘I don’t know” an awful lot in response to the circumstances in my life and in the lives of those I love most.
Yet in the face of my not understanding what or how or when or why, my God is all-knowing, all-powerful and in complete control. There's a security unlike any other in trusting and believing that my heart and my life will be taken good care of in God’s hands, where they belong.
He does know better, Anna.
In fact, God knows best.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Chino is best ;) LOL
Nooo Tita Anna is best...
Nooo...I am the best!!
Mwahaha
Post a Comment