From the outside looking in, my life in 2007 and all that it included seemed too good to be true. But it still came as a shock to find out it actually was. There I was living through rose-colored glasses, believing and hoping for the best.
Of course, 'best' in this case was best-for-Anna, not necessarily God's best or anyone else's. I was naive enough to convince myself that the way I thought things should be was the way things actually were. I heard only the things that I wanted to hear and interpreted them to mean what I wished they did.
As hard as it is to admit, the truth is I just loved the idea of my own personal happily ever after so much, I lost proper perspective on reality – the reality that can be so harsh, especially after realizing I had been living in denial for so long. And even worse when most of what I thought was real and true wasn't even close.
I say 'most' because, surprisingly enough, it hasn’t been all bad. The lining of the storm clouds surrounding me came not just in silver, but in gold and diamonds and pearls. There were lots and lots of pearls, simple and pure – those are my favorite. They came in the form of the most incredibly loving people in all of God’s creation.
If anyone told me six months ago that where I live today had the greatest concentration of highest quality people, I would have had a difficult time accepting it. But the past months have made me the believer I am today.
I have never felt more loved, and there is no measure to how my life has been enriched by them. It is such a privilege that they have allowed me to share in their wonderful existence. Having them around is my special reminder everyday of how God's grace is indeed so amazing. For that, and for them, I will be eternally grateful.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment